Christmas saved for local family

By: 
CHRIS RODEN FOR THE LACLEDE COUNTY RECORD

Christmas morning could have been ruined had it not been for the fast thinking of residents at a home on Dove Road.
Thanks to quick action by resident Jason Shantz and the help of area fire departments, the potentially dangerous fire was put out quickly with little damage done to the family’s home.
Shantz’ daughter discovered the fire and gave an early warning to her dad, a first responder.
“My daughter said, ‘Dad, I see fire up in the attic.’ I looked in the attic crawl space and immediately put the hose on it. I came back in and told everybody to get out of the house. I opened up the attic to make sure no venting was going on,” Shantz said.
Lebanon Rural and Lebanon City Fire Departments responded to the home, which is located at 17522 Dove Road near the 123 exit of I-44, as the first alarm response before 10 a.m. Christmas morning.

For more on this story see Thursday's print or e-Edition of the LCR.

Category:

The Laclede County Record

100 E. Commercial St.
Lebanon, MO 65536
(417) 532-9131